Just need quick reply guys.

68 G9Comics
I tried to setup my comic brightness a little.
Do you guys prefer a darker tone to the comic (minimum brightness)
Or love a more brightness (a warmer, light tone)



The first one or the second one.

Me my self love the first one, and the editor (mpgrey) love the place between both, so I need to rework them... >_<

But, I want to ask how many you guys having a little hard to see the pics from my comic because it's too dark?

I just found that some monitor really different from mine.

Post a Comment

68 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.
  1. This particular page is not the best example unfortunately.

    The problems become visible on the characters' skin. If you look at the bottom pic of the first page (the brighter one), you can already see a little less detail of Tifa's face and upper body.

    Needless to say, this gets worse when we see more skin taking up a larger part of the picture. And unfortunately(?), our comics have this nasty tendency of featuring quite a lot of naked skin. >_<

    But this is just me speaking about what I see on my own monitor. Maybe it's different for you all, that's why we would like your opinion on this.

    To be clear, the lower page may appear very dark, but that's actually the brightness setting most used in our comics.
    The upper page's brightness is somewhat of a new experiment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, it seems I replied too quickly and the other pages hadn't been uploaded yet.

      And it gives you a free chance to see how even less important pictures get changed during the making of a comic. Not even the characters' names are safe!

      Delete
  2. Well, the two tones are nice .And while I prefer the brighter one, I believe that it's more a question on whether you want it to be sunny or not. The first one feels more like middle of the day and the other one more like twilight.I think you can alternate the tones through the comic if necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would choose the first as well, but I would experiment with little less. So that your getting almost the same brightness, without sacrificing the details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite hard to maintain the same details with the same brightness.
      Okay, I'll try to adjust the brightness.

      Delete
  4. Brighter is better.
    I think some of it also depends on screen size. Laptop is worse than desktop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see your dilemma.

    In the brighter pictures, the place looks much more like it could be inhabited during business (possibly daylight) hours, but the skin looks overexposed; Tifa looks just about ok if a bit flat, but Kyra seems almost yellow, so I fer that sort of lighting would look quite poor in more... intimate moments.

    In the darker pictures, the skin looks much more natural - but the place looks like someone turned all the lights off after hours and the moon is shining in through a window; Raven's shades look really out of place :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hit the nail on the head, actually.
      I can tell you (no spoilers needed^^) that the comic does have ...intimate moments, and in some pictures, the skin becomes pure white.
      For some pictures, you need sunglasses to look at them without hurting your eyes! >_<

      Another example is the picture with the imitation of the FF7 battle menu (as seen in a teaser in an older topic).
      The brighter setting seriously hurts the colors. The white letters become poorly readable and the pink limit bar becomes pure white.

      And yet at the same time, when given the choice, the darker setting looks...too dark. Darker than necessary at least.

      Delete
  6. I like it brighter, because really sometimes it's difficult to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As proposed in the post...I would go for something in between ^^

    The "darker" pics offer a lot more details as most of the shadows disappear in the brighter one.

    But on the other hand, I can totally understand your dilemma, choosing the correct lightning is sometimes a head breaker :-/

    Don't know if this will help as you're the one who's giving me advice usually ^^ but what I'm doing now is lower the brithness of my scene a little to stress all the details and small shadows of the entire scene but I'm adding a spotlight same view as my camera, white color, intensity 15-20% max !
    this will highlight what you're looking at in the scene and will make the details of the character, for example, clearer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for the tips, Shinra ^_^
      Nah, I'm still learning too, so, we can learning together this way.

      Delete
  8. I think the dark one is better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whatever it is that Shinra said :p
    If there is a way to allow a bit more light (so that we have the impression that it is daytime) , but to keep the shadows and details for the characters, you should go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even though i detest final fantasy, and by the way i saw that some one already made the same characters on g
    .e hentai.

    But when it comes to light or dark. My thought is, that you use it when you want to show difference between good and evil in scenes. Or maybe use it to signal different moods in different scenes. Of course its important that we who read can see and that the characters dosn´t become milk white.

    Experiment with it, try different ways and see what becomes of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kain! It's been a while.

      The concept of seeing Tifa in 3d is certainly not new at all. Back when this whole 3d models thingie started, Tifa was among the first models to be made and experimented with. (I believe it was incise soul who was known for making the first good looking 3d models.)

      But none of the "rival" 3d Tifa sets does anything close to what we're making now. We're not making a simple sex photoshoot like the others do, nor or we making just a few pin-ups.
      I didn't come across another real standalone comic with Tifa and "some other familiar faces" that will appear in our comic. So we're still offering something fresh and new.

      Delete
  11. are you sure about this week?
    I think it will be more next week!
    how far are you? update % please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This week?
      Did we say that?
      This week is impossible. Next week is somewhat possible, but still a bit unlikely.
      I'd say to give us at the very least another 7 days, but to expect a few days longer.
      Consider the % bar to be at 80% minimum.

      An earlier release would surprise us as well...no matter how awesome we are! :P

      Delete
  12. Hey G9 , I clicked on the link "between Neverland and Netherland" on your blog and it seems you're the only inhabitant living in this particular location ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why he works so slowly: he needs to care for himself entirely on his own: hunting for food, running in a treadmill to activate dynamos for electricity...

      He sure has it rough!

      Delete
  13. And we respect him immensely for that...we all do.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I mean...such devotion, such courage and we didn't even know ! It's not surprising the comics update sometimes slowly with all this work .
    G9 you are a hero in our eyes ! *_*
    Of course as typical "heroes" usually don't end too well in your comics, you better stay careful
    Do one or two evil misdeeds to even the odds. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. second set, the first is too bright and does not seem natural first hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As expected from "Dark" Hypnotic. ^_^

      Delete
    2. Hey Mpgrey, did you read our answer (Dark Hypnotic and I) to the debate on "what makes a good corruption comic" on Shinra-kun's blog ? I found it pretty interresting and as DH and I had the same opinion it would be nice for you to read it, as I know you have a part in the scenario of G9's comics.
      Here is the link: http://h3ncomics.blogspot.fr/2013/04/yoru-no-majin-scroll-1-tower-of-sin.html#comment-form

      Delete
    3. who is kimy and aki? =X

      Delete
    4. Kimy is from Fallen Star, Aki is from Yoru no Majin. Both comics are from Shinra.

      A little bit confusing to be talking about Shinra's comics on G9's blog, I admit, but we're comparing our comics so often that both blogs feel as "one".

      Delete
    5. And I think I did not reply to this one neither but, Hell of a Critic and Dark Hypnotic are gonna kill me, I truly support Mpgrey on this one.

      I sincerely don't feel like each and every heroine, angel, ninja, ranger should suffer the same fate.

      For me the success of the story can't be just measure to its end as to know that all character have to be corrupted, than evil has to win and smear earth with darkness or the other way all the bad guys are dead, everyone's back to normal and lives happy in wonderland.

      If you look out there, there's so many hentai story with amazing reset or undone transformation. What I think is important, as mentioned by Mpgrey, is that you have to care for the characters.

      Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving you hints on where I'm going with my stories but just how I feel about this good end/bad end ^^

      And as long as we don't have a Starlight from another time dimension, summoned by the guardian to kick her alter ego's ass or a super evil artifact which corrupts all gaia rangers in a row...I think there's so much room in between, so many possibilities than just a total good end or bad end.

      Some happy ending can let you with a bitter taste,
      Some bad ending can let you with hopes...

      Delete
    6. Whoa! Discussion!

      "How to make a good corruption themed comic"

      Speech by:

      Dr. Grey.M.P -- "The importance of Yuri Scenes on Corruption Comic"
      Prof. Kyle Dark --"Smoking scene as an alternative corruption theme"
      and
      Hell Of Critic -- "How critics can make a better comic"

      Will be held at GAIA University

      12.00pm at Fallen Star Room 2

      Invitation only.

      Delete
    7. Can I get a VIP ticket ?? ^^

      Delete
    8. Oh my. I better get my act together to make a good impression. This is my big chance to convince as many people as possible!


      And Shinra added something that I forgot to mention: a story with a plot twist that unexpectedly leads to a happy ending does not necessarily mean that it's a 100% happy ending. I like those endings were one side (good or evil) seems to be the clear winner, but at the very end, we get to see there is still hope for the side that lost.
      One of the heroines who turns out to have not been fully cured of the evil influence.
      One forgotten heroine who got spared from the evil takeover and is now the world's last hope.
      A bit of an open ending idea. An ending that allows a theoretic next issue or even series.
      Sure that too is a bit of a cliché, but I still think it's more interesting than simply slapping on "the end" when the last member of one side has fallen.

      Delete
    9. sophie and the computer guy's child shall be the world's last hope! :D but sophie remains corrupted though hahaha

      Delete
    10. WHAT? SOPHIE IS GOT PREGNANT BY HIRO???!!!??? HELL NO!
      NO NO!

      Delete
    11. @Shinra, you can check the availability to Dark Hypno ^_^

      Delete
    12. Hello Mpgrey, Shinra

      Before all, let me thank both of you for sharing your thoughts on the subject with me.

      I’ll go right away to the heart of the matter and try to respond to most of the subjects raised in your respective comments .

      First, Mpgrey I don’t believe that our views are really that opposed on the subject of corruption. I do not see a corruption as the loss of a heroine/character but more as the evolution of one. It’s not the end of her development; on the contrary, it’s the culmination of it. There is still much to talk about: her new set of principles, her new relations both with the “villains” and the “heroes” … Kind of like Kate and Jane in Gaia 5 (which I really enjoyed by the way for this exact reason). The ex-heroines are still themselves, we still enjoy reading about them except that they are now even more attractive because, as we all know, evil is sssexyyyy ; )

      A perfect example to prove this point is Kerrigan from the StarCraft games. Who she was, who she’s become… It’s both essential to her character. A good corruption is when the traits that were introduced early and the various experiences the character went through made her who she ends up becoming. Corruption is neither just possession, nor just mind control, it’s a transformation. When you think about Kerrigan even though you know her “past”, you know that who she is now in the game, is what she is supposed to be.

      Yet another example is Starlight: while the progressive transformation didn’t pay off as I personally expected (I’d prefer the Devil to use her own accumulated desires and doubts against her); I like where she is now character-wise. She has fully taken her place as the princess/queen of Hell; she is creating the family that she’s always missed…It’s a credible evolution of her personality. If right now she suddenly reverted back to her old self, it would negate all this character development, it would feel cheap and someone passing by me while I discover this (hypothetical) scene would probably hear a loud “bullshit!”

      Delete
    13. Still, and here comes my second point, a corruption comic can only work for multiple chapters, if the evil side is somehow sympathetic or at least developed a minimum. I believe some authors because they developed so much the good side and not enough the evil one, end up falling in love with their heroines and lose the point of the comic, giving it a sudden “happy ending” with everything going back as it was. Which is followed by the reaction of the surprised readers being logically: “whaaaaat?!” Clearly we, as readers, don’t identify ourselves with the heroines or even the heroes but with the villain; otherwise we wouldn’t read a corruption comic. For those reason I like to think about a corruption comic as us following the journey of a “anti-villain” and how he converts the heroines to his cause as he meets them (ok it’s most often from the point of view of the heroines but still)
      What needs to be done then, is to develop the character of this villain : what are his motivations ? What is his past? For example while the Devil in the Fallen Star is still a bit of a mystery, I like his kind of menacing yet funny sense of humor and the fact that he’s set up to right a wrong : bring back “the balance”.

      As Shinra-Kun said “some bad-endings can leave you with hope” and I believe it’s very true. I root for the villain obviously. I honestly didn’t expect anyone not to, in a blog focused on: «mind break and corruption”. I hope that he unlocks the hidden sexy potential of all the heroines that he manages to find. That through his unconventional means and his diabolical ingenuity he finally manages to make his plan come to fruition. However I like the fact that the characters evolved during the story, that new relationships were created. I love personally when the villainous character managed to convert the pure ingénue “to the dark side” and that by doing so, claimed her as his wife/companion; that by striping her of her inhibitions, releasing her sensuality, and freeing her from her own rules, he can really get to the real her, and finally “get the girl”. In a way, it’s almost… kind of… morally acceptable. It’s my own “good ending”. ; )

      I’ll end my manifesto saying this: (to Shinra-Kun) Of course not all the heroines have to end the same way. That the journey varies for each of them is enough. The personality change, depending on her own story and on her own personality from the start, can be more or less important once corrupted. I like when the comic dwelve into the subject .What truly is essential to me is that a character do not revert back to a prior state of mind because most often that’s a cheap trick used in too many comics or series, when suddenly the editors get scared not to have anything left to say and not to get any more money. A good story needs, at its end, to give us closure.

      (To Mpgrey) I’ll just reassert the fact that corruption of the heroine is not the loss of her. The same way that development of a character isn’t loss of this character. It’s an acceptation of change. In a way, I believe that a corruption comic has its own message and morals. Superheroes have always symbolized immobility and the fight of change while the villain is the bringer of change and evolution. Because society tries every day to make us fit into small definite places and brings down anyone trying to introduce change or be who he is, it’s refreshing to see the villain success in his attempts.

      End of review,

      Signed: Hell of a Critic

      PS: Honestly guys do I take those things too far ?

      Delete
    14. read and approved by Shinra-Kun ^^

      Delete
    15. *listens to the deafening silence caused by G9 running away from this discussion.* >_<

      "Hell of a Critic"...it is good that you gave yourself this name, otherwise we would do it for you.
      A very well written and big post deserves a likewise post in return, but as you're making nothing but good points, there is little room to discuss.
      However, I'd like to filter out 2 points you're making:

      "Corruption is neither just possession, nor just mind control, it’s a transformation."

      This is very well said. It's the prime aspect that makes our comics different than a lot of other mc-related works, such as almost all the stuff on mccomix, and as all stuff on hypnosis boards.

      And it's EXACTLY for this very reason that you don't have to worry about characters "going back" or "getting reset" whenever a corruption or transformation should get undone.
      We would have to be very sloppy writers if we honestly think we can put everything back to the way it was.
      The only exception would be if the character somehow has no memory of being corrupted but that, as you said, is the easy way out.
      A corrupted character loses inhibitions and morals and becomes a "free spirit". And because this goes along with the idea of "becoming evil" or "doing evil deeds", our comics work the way they do.
      The fact that we like to change their outward appearance too is a nice bonus and puts extra emphasis on this, but in theory, it wouldn't even be necessary.
      Whenever the story introduces any way for this corruption process to become undone, it will and should always mean the character can never be the same as before.
      So yeah, just wanted to point out that we're very aware of this fact, but at the same time I'd like to stress my point again that an undone tf resulting in a "non-game over" ending of the story does NOT mean that the entire story was a waste, that we betrayed everyone's expectations, and that we threw away all character development.
      (Obviously I'm talking about a theoretic story; I'm not saying this will happen in any of the current ongoing stories.)

      And then the other point that got me thinking (again):

      "Clearly we, as readers, don’t identify ourselves with the heroines or even the heroes but with the villain; otherwise we wouldn’t read a corruption comic."

      This is more or less the same statement Dark Hypnotic made and what I referred to in my earlier post.
      I simply have NO idea what to do with this statement.
      It sounds simple enough.
      It sounds logical enough.
      But....I can assure you that this is not the case for me personally.
      I don't feel I identify myself with the villains.
      I'm 100% rooting for the good side! O_O

      (end of part 1)

      Delete
    16. I know and realize the story will show the evil side dominating the good side, so I feel it's not so interesting to be on the winning side, showing everything proceeding smoothly.
      If I did, I would probably make the evil side too powerful, which would not lead to an interesting story.
      I'd make the Dark Emperor go the Rangers's base personally with all of his minions doing one massive cleansweep.
      I mean, let's face it, that would be much more effective.

      But that's all trying to explain my feelings with theories. The fact simply is that it doesn't even occur to me to see the Dark Emperor/the Devil/the sorcerer as an extension of myself!
      I'm experiencing the story from the viewpoint of the good side.
      I see them face an unwinnable battle, having to cope with defeats, with betrayals, with losing their friends one by one and having to face them as the enemy. Hopelessness, despair, and confusion. Fighting to the bitter end or giving up and joining their former friends willingly, seeing no other way out...that's what I experience when I read these stories, and that's what I would like to highlight in our stories.
      A very good example, btw, of what I'm trying to describe here is the current state of affairs in Dinarangers. I mean, wow! Their situation is looking bad now. Ending up unable to stop the Zofa invasion from breaking in, completely unexpected (from their point-of-view) betrayals all over the place...
      To me, that story does a terrific job of emphasizing the hopeless situation and the emotions that go along with it.
      ..
      And at the same time, other readers simply can't wait until everyone is a Zofa!

      Alongside all of this is the reason that I used the terminology of being sad that I'll "lose" more Rangers when the Gaia story continues. Of course their life and their role in the story goes on, but from my point-of-view as a secret "imagined" other Ranger, I'll really lose "my girls".

      So I basically want the impossible situation of a victory for the good side. It's likely not going to happen, and I'm partly responsible for that. Because deep down inside, I too, just like everyone else here, love the idea of seeing the girls becoming evil, joining the ranks of the enemy, and doing everything they can to help convert the other members of the good side too.

      I hope that all made sense (and hope it didn't become too corny for some readers! >_<)

      Btw, everyone, realize this is not a discussion limited to the most active posters on these boards:
      I'd love to hear from more of you, no matter if you're "anonymous".
      -What do you like about corruption comics?
      -What must a comic do and not do?
      -What would you like being done differently than what you have seen so far in G9comics and Shinra's comics?
      Needless to say, we won't promise we'll actually adapt the comics to suit everyone's personal tastes, but it can only do us good and make us better writers if you can provide more or other viewpoints and/or ideas.

      There. Did I really say this wasn't going to become a big post? *facepalm*

      Delete
    17. Haha, sorry, been to busy looking E3 new games trailers...and there's a bunch of great upcoming titles... >_<

      OK, back to the topic.

      Ehm... On this special opportunity,

      Before we continue our discussion, let me describe my opinions about the definitions of these comic genres first.

      IMHO, "Transformation", "Mind Break", "Mind Control" are different.
      The different on the definition results on different storyline and maybe impact on the ending too.

      Let's start with the most simple one.
      Mind Control.
      It focus on how a person mind is controlled by another person(s) (or things).
      The most simple plot, just someone act like a robot. Do whatever their "master" ask.
      And the person who is controlled, don't aware when he/she is still in trance mode.
      When the effect is gone, he/she is back to their normal mind.
      For these kind story, the ending is basically just two.
      a. Back to normal.
      b. Being controlled forever.(leave the ending a cliffhanger where the character is still in trance-mode)

      While for mind break, it's more complex story than just a mind control.
      It needs more "make sense" process/story to make this theme interesting (once again, it's IMHO).
      Because "mind break", is basically focus on how to break the character mind, to change their mind set or even just destruct their mind in general (make them desperate, give up, don't care anymore, etc)
      So it changes "How they think and act" from "inside"
      Without someone (their master) control, they act just what the "master" want. It's different than mind control which just put a "layer" on their mind set.

      For this kind of story, the ending would be how the character's mind is broken.
      A "bad" ending would be the best. Since "good" ending would mean, the process is not complete (fail), or the "good" people do a reverse "mind break".

      And the last is transformation.
      Transformation, in general is when someone transformed into another shape/things (like monster or something).
      But in mind control/break theme, especially in my kind of comic/manga.
      It's basically the emphasized result of the mind break process. To give a "real" result of the person turn from one side to another side.
      From good to evil or vice versa (yeah, I'm not joking, it's a new trend on Giga video on how "good people" threat "bad people" badly to turn them into "good people" weird? hell yeah.)












      Delete
    18. And on our comic (me and mpgrey...>_<)
      basically we use all of them, we combine them.

      Step 1: Mind control.
      IMO, mind control has temporary effect, so it's used on how to lured a character, to be used to another step.

      Step 2: Mind Break.
      After the mind control process, the character usually feel angry, desperate because he/she realized he has been controlled, do something they won't normally do, etc. It result on mind break area.
      Where the characters feel desperate, gave up, etc.

      Step 3: Transformation.
      Yup the last step, it's so easy to transformed, when someone is already on the same mind set, and willingly to change.
      So it's basically the result of those two steps above.

      About the ending,
      Is it a good or bad ending? It depends.
      If you want to focus on how "GOOD/BADASS" the character is, you can put a good happy ever after ending.
      But if you want to focus on how "BAD" the villain, you can put a very bad ending to the manga/comic.
      And if you want to focus to make the best twist/plot to the story, you can put both of them.
      It depends on how the writer want.

      And the biggest problem for these themed comic/manga is, the point of view of the story.
      Yes it has two point of view mostly, the good guys and the bad guys.

      You can focus on the good guys, it results lots parts to show how desperate they are, hopeless, etc (just like what mpgrey love ^_^)

      Focus on the bad guys, it results, lots of "money scene" where they play the good guys just like toys.
      Show how evil they can be, etc.

      The good comic IMO has a good balance between both POV, too much on one side result on a very boring/too dramatic/too much comic, or a mindless/stupid/just porn/hentai manga/comic.

      That why we are trying to balance on every POV.

      And don't forget there's actually a third POV, it 3rd person POV, it's the story, and the graphic. Yes. It describe what happen, what we want to tell to the reader with pictures, and the story, the background what it's all about, why they are bad guys, why they are good guys, etc.

      So Comic is not just a simple things to do (T_T) it's actually a complex one, if you want to make a good one.

      Thank you very much.

      Delete
    19. That's good to see a comment from you sharing your mind G9. I don't remember you ever leaving such a long one (wich is nice).
      I think we can all agree that it's important to alternate between all those POV especially if you want to "flesh out" all of your characters. Be it villains or heroes. For example what I don't like in a corruption comic is when the heroes after being corrupted are forgotten.
      I was kind of disapointed when I saw that some scenes from gaia 5 where we see some corrupted rangers in "action" (you'd call it a money scene) had been left out. Any occasion to see what's become of a corrupted character is good for me and, if it's a sex scene, that's a nice bonus.

      Delete
    20. Yeah, that's my first time writing a long reply on this blog, hope you don't mind reading my bad English. @_@ (poor mpgrey ~_~)
      For Gaia 5:
      To be honest, the problem with Shadow Rangers/Gaia saga is the abundant of characters, yes, it's too many.
      In fact, Gaia 5 is the first Gaia that include the most past characters on it.
      Me and mp had tried so hard to put them on the comics. Even I put some money scenes on them.
      But still, it's impossible if I put too many scenes for them. That would make the Gaia story weird. I would be shadow rangers, not Gaia anymore.
      And as I told you before, too many sex scenes on it will disturb the story it self.
      But we are still and will always try to put as many money scenes as possible, since its still hentai comic.

      Delete
    21. Too many characters. Yes, that's among the biggest problems. We can't suddenly ignore them and pretend they're not around anymore, but there is no way we can give everyone the same amount of attention.

      As G9 said, this is Gaia Rangers, not Shadow Rangers. Seeing the former Shadow Rangers back in action should be considered as a bonus, as fanservice, but it wouldn't be good if they steal the spotlight.
      In Gaia 5 it worked okay to use Kate and Jane so much. We needed some baddies infiltrating the base, but Emma was no option and we had that monitor scene with Mimi planned from the start.

      I just like to explain (rationalize) everything by thinking/pretending there are multiple missions going on on the enemy side. What has Al been doing all this time? Let's just pretend he was "somewhere else in the world" making life difficult for other heroines.
      If we don't want to kill off characters out of our large pool of potential evildoers, we'll just have to accept that some of them will be out of the picture for no particular reason.
      (At first, we had some plans to have a unique villain paired up with each Ranger. I'm glad that's no longer the case.)

      I think it's okay to call this "sloppy writing" or "bad planning". It's an extra hindrance that comes with doing a sequel. Though we also have plans to use the advantage of making a sequel by making both stories connect on a grander scale.

      7th Heaven is a welcome change of pace with it being a one-shot. No more worrying about what happens next!


      And G9, your English is far from bad. Yes, it contains many grammar errors, but despite that, you know how to express and explain yourself perfectly. You have a lot to say and often prove that there is a good thought process going on in that mind of yours, so your "bad English" shouldn't be a reason to stay away from lengthy discussions.

      Delete
    22. I agree with Mpgrey, G9 your english is far from terrible. I've heard and read much worse ^^

      Still one thing that surprises me is that your idea of having the heroines paired with a unique villain is "no longer on the case" and also mpgrey, you're...glad for it ?
      I personally think it would be a nice change of pace and would bring a little variety to the corruption process in the Gaia/Shadow ranger universe. The rangers corrupted by the emperor should be paired with the emperor obviously, but the ones corrupted by his lackeys should be paired with them. With so many heroines soon-to-be corrupted I honestly don't see how else it could go.
      Visually it could be interresting because each corrupted heroine could look slightly like her corrupter wich I believe is the best way to render a physical corruption. The same way white ranger ended up looking like her "husband" the Emperor, I can easily imagine a heroine with the same marks under the eyes, the same skin tone and the same black lips as Al (for example).

      Delete
    23. I'm "glad" about it for 2 reasons.
      1. We have far too many villains already. The Shadow Rangers had their villains. The Shadow Rangers have become villains. Gaia introduced Lucian, Vora, and Vincent (remember him?) right from the start as even more villains....do we need EVEN more? The balance between the number of good guys and bad guys is hopelessly distorted as it is.

      2. Pairing up the characters would likely lead to a stale, predictable, and undynamic story.
      When the focus goes to the next Ranger's corruption, it would be all about her, and all about this specific villain.
      Vincent+Emma, Vora+Mimi...think back about the previous issues. They focused so much on these couples that it severely limited character development for the rest. What did we really know about Leona or Mei before Gaia 4? What did we really know about Sophie before Gaia 5(!)?
      The current phase of the story doesn't need yet another character arc, and with a new specific villain for Leona/Mei/Sophie, we would definitely get another arc (because this new guy would have to be properly introduced as well).

      I agree that it could be interesting to make each heroine get some different physical aspects depending on the villain who corrupted her, but then that should be a decision right from the get-go, with multiple plotlines going on at the same time. Though that may end up becoming very chaotic if I try to envision it.

      And don't forget: only the Dark Emperor has (true) corruption powers in this story. The other baddies can play with the minds of the heroines as much as they like, but they need to rely on the Dark Emperor to seal the deal. And I can't imagine the Dark Emperor saying to Vora
      "You know what? You captured Mimi and as a reward, I'll make her look like you."
      And one hocus pocus later, we have Mimi with Vora's hairstyle!
      Don't tell me you would want this? ^_^

      Delete
    24. Of course not, there is a reason why I didn't use Vora as an example ^^
      It might be better if you keep the idea of "a specific villain = a specific corruption" for later or for a different story where those are are already the rules.
      Still, I'm sure that in the Ranger serie, storywise, you could give the different lackeys some kind of empowerment enabling them to corrupt rangers by themselves from this point on. It would allow you not to need to introduce new ones, and to flesh out the already existing villains.
      Then again, that's only an idea. I'd just appreciate if you keep it in mind ;-)

      Delete
    25. For this increase in powers you speak of, one must be is possession of both Elf fragments.
      The search continues...

      Delete
    26. Hello, I'm not an expert or anything but I like that every villain has his own heroine to corrupt :p
      And in the end all the heroines will be corrupted anyway...

      Delete
    27. Don't worry. Who here can sincerely claim to be an expert in corruption?
      *waits for the Dark Emperor to show up...*

      Delete
    28. For myself,
      I like that a heroine looks like her villain when transformed. That way we can choose our favorite villain/heroine couple.


      Delete
    29. What I mean is I think it is hot when the transformed heroine is still looking like herself but has traits from the corrupter. Because she is his futur concubine.
      Sorry for the bad english ^_^

      Delete
    30. Hahaha, no problems, my English is even worse.
      I just laugh looking at your nick name... >_< (I never saw anyone use Ranger's name as a nickname... @mpgrey: See! He has more fans than you can imagine! kiddin')

      Delete
    31. I'd like it too if the heroinre corrupt form is like to the corrupter

      Delete
  16. haha just a possibility of a good ending :P btw for GAIA have u all worked out how the entire storyline will be or are you all playing it chapter by chapter just curious about whether you plan your entire comic 1st before working on it G9 or take it chapter by chapter and see where you can go from there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's embarrassing to say, but we only have a very basic general overall idea of the long-term planning. For everything else, we make it entirely chapter by chapter.

      Shinra and Dark Hypnotic (Lou too probably?) completely outclass us because they come up with the entire story first.

      BUT...there is hope! \o/
      You know the Shadow Rangers remake we are going to do?
      For some mysterious reason, we know exactly where we'll be going with that story! ;P

      Delete
  17. how far are you?
    when you think you are ready to release, this week or in the beginning of next week or in 3 weeks ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe in three weeks is the most make sense, I still try to make a "good" ending on it... >_<

      Delete
    2. 3 weeks???
      Oh wow. Then it's good that I didn't answer this question because I was pretty sure it won't take so long anymore.
      Or do you think it'll take me 3 weeks to figure out how to make something readable out of that Engrish mess? ;P

      Delete
  18. I for one would prefer a bad ending where all the rangers get transformed haha I feel that the ending for shadow rangers for example is quite appropriate when all the rangers have been corrupted. However, perhaps a twist would've made it better to add a little of the "hope" but not too overwhelming such as a scene showing the training of the next generations: GAIA but definitely not reverting villains back to heroine to create the "Good" which is unsuitable granted that the writer also planned for the "Bad" ending. Erm... I dunno if you all watch the Avengers movie cos you might be living in another continent for all I know~ but like for Marvel movies they usually have an after-credit scene to add a twist which I feel is brilliant and creates another point of view. Like for the Avengers SPOILER ALERT: there is a happy ending but with an after-credits scene of the villain surviving. Just my point of view though hahah plant corruption FTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, yes, I've watched Avengers here too >_<

      Spoilers:

      The one where everyone eat hotdog on diner's ruin? That's really funny, hahaha, I love that scene too. No one talk, but it really suit the movie well.

      Delete
    2. SPOILERS: I was talking about the purple colour villain dude surviving the nuclear bomb and turning around at the end of the cameo. But the hotdog dinner was hilarious too especially since Tony Stark mentioned about it during the movie haha. Loved how every single one of them were gulping down their burgers except for the Captain who was emoing =.=

      Delete
    3. AH, the purple one at the end, I don't know who he is, but I think he would be the main villain on the next avenger? or any Marvel movies?

      But now, it's time for Man of Steel!!!

      Delete
  19. Yeah a bad ending with every ranger sexed up !
    But if you really want to leave someone not transformed it is because you want to anounce a sequel or it doesn't make sense
    >_<

    ReplyDelete
  20. Question! will you continue work on PROTO GIRLS in the future or is the story finished after the first mission? I find no other "comics" from PROTO GIRLS in the network.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! There's a proto girls reader here?

      The story is actually not finished yet, but it's a hipcomix's comic. So maybe I won't continue the series, sorry about that.

      Delete

G9MPComics — Adult Tokusatsu & Super Heroine Comic parodies so spicy they make the final boss blush. Same epic fights. Way better costumes (mostly on the floor).