There are so many problems with it's development >_<
The results so far is sooooo disappointing, so I postpone the project for now...
Anyway, let's enjoy some new renders.
These are just some "spoilers" of future G9MP comics!
WARNING!
We will not release any of these if we don't get at least 100 comments below!
I'M SERIOUS!
MWAHWAHWAHWA! (Evil Mode: ON!)
1. Unleashed: Beauty and the Beasts
2. Shadow Ranger Zero part 2 : The End of the Beginning
3. Drake and Megan: The Honeymoon Story (Just kiddin' ^_^)
And last but not least! The ultimate Ballet Experience!
D.E and P Man the Monster Swans duo!
![]() |
| Pro Tips! Look at this picture while listening Claude Debussy's "Clair de Lune" |














aw, disappointed to hear about the biohazard comic! looking forward to some good corruption soon i hope~
ReplyDelete卧了个大槽 Let me be a part of 100 comments !
ReplyDeleteHey, sorry, just curious about that "卧了个大槽"...
DeleteIs it true that is used as a slang for Chinese version of "F" word? (what I know 卧/wo is lie/crotch, and 槽 is like pushing/pressing right? so it's pressing while lying/crotching? WHOA! hahaha LOL...) this version is much better than "WTF"
And add a 大 means big, so... it's a big "F" ing time!
Man, Chinese sure is way too complicated >_<
Don't be too concerned about the exact meaning of the word, it is just a pun slang
DeleteYes sometimes "臥了个大槽 " equal "WTF",but I just mean this updates so excited. By the way,I'm surprised you not only learned in Japanese but also in chinese. You're awesome
DeleteFinally some new pics for Shadow Rangers 0
ReplyDeletePS Please tell me you're joking about the whole 100 comments thing
Of course it's a joke. ^^
DeleteSame level of seriousness as the ballet picture.
Nope I'm serious!
Delete^_^
looks good, can't wait
ReplyDeletecan't w8 for your comics
ReplyDeleteGood job G9!
ReplyDeleteThe beauty and the beast comic looks promising. At least it really looks like it can deliver for the fans of big monsters with pretty ladies (and I think they're many) ^_^
The renders for SR0 part 2 look beautiful, it's good to know you're still working on it.
About the ballet, well, I try to keep an open mind...But it's good to know the D.E has artistic sensibilities ;-)
Hi there, dear colleague! ;-)
DeleteSR0-2 is now the main focus for a while already so there is no need to worry that we lost track of that. Some of the opening pages are already more or less completed, so we've finally "officially" started this new journey of making a big comic again. G9 is now able to make prettier pictures than ever before, so hopefully, everything clicks together and this chapter can become what we want it to be: our new best comic.
i'm waiting for Shadow Ranger Zero part 2 and the delete part too ^_^
ReplyDeletebump #12 ! :P
ReplyDeleteGreat as so as my wife sees that outfit looks like ill be fabricating another
ReplyDeleteAnything to keep you busy! ^_^
Deletecheer up.
ReplyDeleteThis front picture is much better ! I Love it
ReplyDeleteThe Problem with your pictures is..
ReplyDeletefirst something nice
that the quality is very high!! much better than h3n. ok it is a other style :)
But you post a lot of picture, to example (5, 7, 10, 11, 12 , 8) what can I write over them? is not that we don't want write something!
But I think that this update has enough potential and question vor 100 comments ;)
Ps. Beauty and the Beasts! very nice:)
Beauty and the Beasts
ReplyDeleteare this all the same woman at the picture?
very nice taste will we see it, in this year?
There's only one Beauty and lots of Beasts >_<
Deleteis that Tina one Picture 6
ReplyDeleteand is the other a new boy or is that a girl maybe?
Yes, that is Tina with a different hairstyle. In the comic, Kayla is also surprised by this.
Deleteis that Kayla? the person who is running out?
Deletehas she a new haircut?
No no, that running girl is just a random DSF employee. Kayla still looks the same.
Deletewhat is the next comic from you?
ReplyDeleteand when can we see it, 2 or 3 Week?
Quite optimistic, are we? >_<
DeleteThe first SR0 took us 6 months; the second SR0 has only just started!
It is very safe to say though that it won't take us another 6 months. With his newer hardware and software, G9 can make superior looking pictures in just a fraction of the time it took him before. Pictures that used to take 30 minutes to render now roll out of the pc in just 30 seconds. Of course, in order to make them look extra gorgeous, it still takes longer, but there is no denying the obvious increase in speed.
And the next comic should be SR0-2.
We've done a few smaller comics in the summer, but now it's about high time we went back to the main series.
We also still have that deleted scene from the first SR0 lying around, so we can always rely on that one when we feel we need to reduce the "pain" of waiting.
I'm not upset at all the EroHazard has been delayed. I'm just glad to see you releasing comics again after the hard drive failure. Cant wait to see them all. Especially Unleashed: Beauty and the Beasts. That looks fantastic. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteSo far, "Unleashed" is little more than a few concept renders and some ideas, so that is about as far away from an upcoming comic as possible.
DeleteFor now, the focus is 100% on the conclusion of Shadow Ranger Zero.
I do not agree of the DE's actions in the swan picture.
ReplyDeleteI am deeply offended. :-P
Now you can see how good you look in a skirt! >_<
DeleteBut that was you!
DeleteWe just grab the picture from the CCTV at DNF HQ >_<
I will be happy to see what ever you get down first. You have a lot of other story lines you can continue while the other is delayed. (Cat girl, Pretty G Soldiers and so on). Heck even the story with Violet was a good one and could easily see part two of that.
ReplyDeleteWhat ever you can pump out at reasonable speed. Nice renders
Amazing work man. Appreciate your hard work.
ReplyDeleteYou're the next generation Sanbun Kyoden
ReplyDeleteHaha, thank you, but to be the next Sanbun is way too much. >_<
Deletelove the new look of the website!
ReplyDeleteis the second picture the corr. Beauty?
ReplyDeleteI know that you don't want to show us the "white" elf!
ReplyDeleteIs she impoten for that comic or for the future?
thanks that you show us the scars!
ReplyDeletenow we know, how will become the dark emperor :)
What scars?
Deletep.7 :)
Deleteis it important to see that it has dragon in the elf world?
ReplyDeleteIt was used as a scene filler. Don't know if I'll put the scene in the final comic.
DeleteIf in the end the dragon give "too much" to the comic, I'll remove the whole dragon scene.
how many pictures or pages do you think will have in the end of SR0? in the first part we sah 238 pages, but you remove a lot ( how many and how many new one will we see instead?) and how big is the second one?
ReplyDeleteThat is impossible to predict because of the haphazard way we work. Instead of making a carefully planned storyboard in advance, we build up the story along the way, following a number of key events and ideas we have in our heads. As that is coming together, we tend to enrich the story by adding new scenes in various places to fill up holes and provide more balance.
DeleteIn other words, we do not work in a chronological order starting with the first page and ending with the last page.
Along the way, so many scenes get remodeled, moved, or taken out that it is also a surprise to us what we end up with.
We have the grand picture of the story in mind, but it's the details (the many details) that end up being the biggest factor in making it either a big chapter or a huge chapter.
about 400 or more 500 p. or less or more around?
Deleteand how many hp. has you now it is not important how many p. will come in the end in the comic!
How many hp? Umm...enough to not get a game over after just one more hit. And I just rested so all hp and mp are recovered anyway.
DeleteMore seriously, let's say that this chapter will more or less have the same amount of pages as part 1. But it could easily end up becoming much bigger because we have to bring the entire "series" (granted, just two issues) to a close, meaning that we need to tell everything about these characters that we still want to tell
We'll find out eventually: you and I both.
And to make it worse, we used up all of our potion and elixir, thanks to mpgrey's 10 hours battle. >_<
DeleteHalf way to 100
ReplyDeletecomment Halftime!
ReplyDeletewe counting on you with a new comic be 100 comment:)
That is very nice!
ReplyDeleteWill you use new models to give more different faces to some characters?
I can't differenciate Mei and Sophie at all...
http://g.e-hentai.org/s/d298665871/580172-91
Deletehttp://g.e-hentai.org/s/20a88fbca3/532180-12
Really? An easy way to tell them apart is that Mei looks a lot younger and has a more...how shall we call it..."innocent" look.
They still look very alike to me...
DeleteI see what you mean in http://g.e-hentai.org/s/20a88fbca3/532180-12 but in http://g.e-hentai.org/s/d298665871/580172-91 it's already harder...
More bodytypes and face models could still be good.
I'm not criticism. I can't do what G9 do. I just call it as I see it.
Cheers!
It's unrelated to this topic, but I want to mention that the G9wiki links now have been repaired. Instead of an error message, you now get properly sent to the entries.
ReplyDeleteGood timing anyway because we have another wiki entry in the making thanks to Hell of a Critic. The Jane entry is almost done.
Which leads me to my familiar pitch again: if any one of you would also like to make a wiki entry (and see your hard work get a permanent place here on the blog), please feel free to tackle that challenge. Major characters, minor characters...it doesn't matter because in the ideal situation, we would like to have them all anyway.
good luck
ReplyDeleteI really can't wait to see more corruption,so that me be a part of 100 comments
ReplyDeleteok it is working again:)
ReplyDeleteIn case you're the same anonymous from the H3N blog just now, thanks for bringing it to our attention.
DeleteIn case you're someone else, thanks anyway for confirming that you can post again. ^_^
等不及了~~~~
ReplyDeleteLook like great image!!!
Lookin' good
ReplyDeletelooking forward!
ReplyDeletenice
ReplyDeleteIs pix #2 a cover or is it part of the comic
ReplyDeleteNeither. It's a concept artwork made to test and present the character model and also try some Octane settings.
DeleteOne thing puzzles is that why you, sir, are so amazing ^_^
ReplyDeleteJust finished reading the first part of SR0 and I feel compelled to get here and show my support
The story is definitely the highlights. That's some RPG level of story-telling. No shiting here
I'm very surprised that there are still 3D artist who gives the story the attention it deserves while making fine quality images as well as decent characters all in the same time. That's just too perfect
I mean, everyone today seems so extreme about everything
There are artists, like AF3D or blackadder, who could make some stunning images and beatuiful characters while almost completely give up on stories.
And there are artists like Y3DF who do write stories while the girls are... I hate to say it but I do feel that way... ugly
Not to mention most stories only consist of some mindless pairing which rendering the character nothing more than sex machines in essence
And then I found your SR0. The characters' personalities given life by the story itself, the quality of images, that brings back some good feelings when people put their hearts into things they like rather than things they profit
Though I could praise on everything you done, but that wouldn't be honest. One thing I belive that had room for improvement when I was reading the first part of SR0 is the image quality.
It is good no doubt, but let's face it, still some steps from top standard
For one, texture res, especially the environmental textures. A bit of blurry for static rendering nowadays
Then the body mesh. I think I saw some unsmoothened lines around the girls' vag area
And the lighting and postprocessing. Many scenes didn't seem very HDR-ish which I guess was because of the old tonemapping method. Some scenes could really benefit from a bokeh DOF. And whatever AO method being used clearly didn't have high enough sampling radius.
And then I saw this blog.
Congrats! You just found another loyal fan!
In case that's not enough, 卧了个大槽 :P
(this chinese phrase is actually more like "excited to shit" I figure)
Oh my, such kind words!
DeleteWelcome to this blog, WJK.
It always makes me very happy when readers specifically mention that the story is a highlight. It's pretty hard to get it right and find the right balance in telling a meaningful story without going overboard and forgetting that adult comics should feature plenty of interesting adult scenes.
I fully agree with you that the majority of adult comics or doujinshis do little to nothing with character's personalities, which I feel makes a comic pretty forgettable.
As it seems, plenty of readers are okay with seeing nothing but sex scenes. That's why it is always good to hear from readers like you who can appreciate it if the comic focuses on more than just sex and, in our genre's case, corruption and transformation.
I'll leave the tech-talk to G9. I cannot comment on that. You will probably be glad to know that the graphics from the first part of SR0 already look dated compared to what G9 can make now. There is much to look forward to!
Hi WJK!
DeleteThank you very much for your nice comments.
Very glad that someone can appreciate the story. Because, not everyone know how much have we done on that part T_T...
Now for the tech talk.
Wow... you are such a pro, sir!
I'll try to answer one by one.
The texture resolution.
While most of the characters has 4000X4000 pixels, unfortunately not all the background/environment has that big pixels. Most only 2000X2000 and some even worse.
I can't do much of this thing when I render those pics in Daz 3Delight render.
But now I can "tweak" a little bit since I use Octane now.
The body mesh.
Yes, you are 100% correct.
I didn't use the smoothing on the Vag area since it always "crashed" the whole body back then.
Until I found the correct way to smooth it (D'oh >_<).
You can check my Vag render in my new comic.
HDR.
I didn't use HDRi environment for the old Daz render. But I use it on Octane.
Bokeh.
Unfortunately it was (maybe) impossible to achieve Bokeh DOF on Daz's 3Delight.
But! You can have them in Octane now (not really Bokeh, but something"similar")
I wish I can move to Unreal or Cryengine to get easy Bokeh DOF effects, hahaha...
Ambience Occlusion.
Again! 100% score for you... (Man... you are better than me...absolutely...)
And I admit it, this is my fault (choice).
I need to render hundreds ( thousand) pictures for this comic.
So it can take forever if I keep to maintain the good sampling. So I need to "make it quicker" by down sampling.
ANd since I made the picture in 1920X1080 I thought It wouldn't that visible. (not for you ^_^)
In short, we try to deliver better comic now. So we'll wait for your comment next time.
Welcome to the blog!
First of all, thanks for all the quick replies, though in fact I'd love you guys to ignore me and work like a machine to bring us more good stuff like this
DeleteMuhahahaha, evil selfish me :P
Alright. Finished reading other Shadow Ranger stories yesterday and I certainly saw a good tradition of good stories
I was especially entertained by the performance of Vora. Kinda remind me of Vaas from Far Cry 3. Both a sick fuck yet do have their charms in some angles
And now that I understand the genre is about corruption and transformation. I have to say you had quite some prograss in maturelly expressing that theme since the beginning(And your English too BTW, much better now^_^)
For me, to corrupt and transform requires temptation or agony. And for strong-minded people like the rangers, you need both
The first Shadow Rangers series lacked that, especially the agony part. The girls just got mind controlled and lost themselves to pleasure rather quickly. Not very convincing TBH
GIGA Rangers took a big step in showing every character who they are thank to their background info and other minor but important details. Yet still, I think the story gives temptation too much credit and there are still some cheap trick like mind-control and drugs being used
In short, those old series didn't impress me like the first part of SR0 did is because the girls' fallen are just the result of them being overpowered in one way or another, rather than "to fall and that's their own choices"
That's why I think so highly of SR0's story so far. Allow me to tell you why is that by telling the story in my words:
The D.E(This stands for Dark Emperor, right?) planted doubt in Megan's mind, showed her a glimpse of the forbidden pleasure and only made her fight back even more. Temptation alone couldn't break a good ranger, but perhaps suffering may do the job. Under the hand of the D.E, to saw her boyfriend cheating on her with her closest friend, to saw the man and woman she love betrayed that love, even Megan let down her guard for a little bit. And the D.E seized the opportunity to claim her mind while she only thought she was just giving in to her own imagination. Thus, the first step of Megan's path into the abyss has begun
See? Such a thrilling story when I put it like this. AND IT SURE IS! I'm very looking forward to see Megan continue her fight until the final blow of the D.E break her
So here comes some suggestions concerning the characters and the story
Delete1. Enhance the D.E's role
The lord of all darkness certainly need to be more than a top lover or a re-educator. Make him more emotionally complex, something like devil's wisdom or human emotion perhaps. Make him the figure of a mighty, mysterious, god-like being. To do that, be mindful of his every showing-up. Try to reduce his direct intervention and make him a shadow master who conduct his grand plan through seperate agents loyal only to him. I think you know the benefits
2. More clear hierarchy and chain-of-command among the rangers
I see there are already these things in SR0 and I think that's very good for the story. Having a leader means giving orders. Bad orders often lead to hard choices. And hard choices have consequences. Nothing justifies corruption better than this
3. Multiple corruptions at the same time, not just one
Obviously this is more convicing than having them corrupted one by one, and more interesting. This would also open up possibilities for rangers being corrupted to have some different interaction than try to save each other
4. Oral tags for characters
"Did i ever tell you the definition of insanity?", Vaas from Far Cry 3 got himself a reputation just because of this tag of his. Really helpful for the recognition of a character. Of course we don't need to use a complete sectence, something as simple as "Tsk, Tsk, Tsk" or "Ho, Ho, Ho" could still makes the character much more alive
Finally about the tech stuff
You are too kind guys. New images rendered by Octane already look good enough to me. After all, there is so much waiting to be done
One thing I thought worth mentioning is maybe you could consider put more layers for character textures. Raising resolution above 4K would eat up too much VRAM so I won't recommend it unless you own a really good graphic card. But find more raw textures and mix them up before save as final texture always helps a lot in texture variety and even my GTX780M could afford the VRAM load
Anyway, I hope I can speed up the time. Keep up the good work!
I love all your suggestions, but they're much better suited to keep in mind for a brand new big series. Gaia is almost over and SR0 will be complete when the chapter we're currently making is done and online. All four of your suggestions can only work when incorporated from the beginning.
DeleteYour first suggestion about giving the D.E. a more active role is one to be careful about, btw, because doing that would change the entire feel of the story. From what we know of him, he is über powerful bordering to being invincible, and no Ranger would be able put up a long fight with him, let alone stand a chance at all. To counter this, the D.E. is a very lazy and simple-minded being. He could instantly create a big army and take over the world, but he doesn't seem interested and is okay with just his little harem of former Rangers.
The SR0 story will be explaining why the D.E. from Shadow Rangers and Gaia Rangers is such a simple creature.
Your third suggestion about having multiple corruption processes going on at the same time can only be done when the story has a much bigger cast of characters such as in The Fallen Star story made by Shinra, our respected colleague (you do know about this epic work, I hope? If not, you have a lot of reading waiting for you! ^_^)
We make use of fallen main characters as vital persons responsible for the next corruption, so there need to be a lot of good guys and bad guys around at any time to make use of dynamic storytelling like you propose.
Still, I'm glad we got rid of the "girl foolishly goes to the enemy stronghold alone to save her friend(s) but ends up corrupted herself" present during too many of the older comics.
Haha...
DeleteMy english is not getting better, it's because since Gaia 4 I have a partner (mpgrey) for fixing those broken English (and Panties! >_<) ...
About the evolution of the story, you are absolutely right.
At first, I didn't mean to make such a "serious" comic just like now. I didn't even think about the story, the story came just to follow the sex scene >_<...
Now it's different. We focus on the story first, and put a lot of nice money scenes between the story.
Still our focus is about mind break/corruption, but with more "make sense" story, fantasy but still believable. That's what we try to make.
About the textures.
Unfortunately, I didn't make those textures. I bought them from Daz/Renderosity or RuntimeDNA. I don't have enough skill (yet) for those texturing.
And Octane also still have limitation on how many texture you can use in one scene.
(it's about 114) Plus a limit on how big the textures. (GPU RAM)
So yes, we need to tweak a lot with octane render.
Sure we always try to answer all the questions here.
If I'm busy, my partner, mpgrey will answer them (he must! or he won't get any chocolates!)
Thanks for all your details suggestions, we really appreciate them.
so where is the beauty and the beast comic???
ReplyDeletei cant search it