Don't want the first post in this new topic to be about Gaia 5, but I can't ignore this, of course... Sorry guys! I'm doing what I can. The past week or so...especially the last 3 or 4 days, I've literally put every single second I had to spare in Gaia 5. There are so many pages, and because there is a lot more focus on story, there is also so much more dialogue. I'm basically rewriting every single panel, using the text in the script as a guideline. When I look back at Gaia 4, I see many instances where the dialogue doesn't "flow" as much as I (now) would've liked. Back then, I decided to stick as closely as possible to G9's original script, basically only correcting the grammar. To make things work out even better in Gaia 5 (we should always look for improvement, right?), I need to be more liberal, needing to come up with entirely different, yet similar sentences, making them connect and lead to another better, while also matching the sizes of the pictures, the facial expressions etc.
Ah well, to make a long story short, it's a lot of work. But I want nothing less than perfection so that's to be expected. Anyway, guess I just wanted to explain why you guys are still left waiting for the release. As I'm typing this now, I'll be finishing the whole thing today. Then G9 needs to send me the whole revised edition which I'll double-check again and if that gets a "thumbs up", we can put it online....and then I need a vacation! ^_^
Shhh... Don't say that. Otherwise G9 may become inspired and put such a scene in Gaia 5 as well and the release will be delayed again! ^^
Btw G9, in case you're reading this before I'm done with the last pages, can you send me the last additions I still don't have (new pages 073, 126, and 127), so I can work on those as well? Otherwise we'll need another back-and-forth e-mail for this. I suppose you're done with them by now?
Maybe during the weekend, maybe monday...not much longer.
Everything is done except for a new small scene that was needed to fill a little gap in the story. But it'll only be 2 or 3 pages or so. Then it's only a matter of reviewing one more time to check that all corrections have been done right.
I'm extremely proud of Gaia 5. I hope all of you will feel the same.
please do try and release it by tomorrow if u can! Cos i wont have CPU access for the next week D= really hope to read GAIA 5 before i leave haha sorry for any unintended stress i have given u mpgrey! D=
I don't want to be the reason the comic isn't ready yet, so I've worked as fast as I can. I want to be able to put all the blame on G9 for being so slooooooow! ;P
Oh and would you believe it...it'll be more than 140!
Tomorrow may be possible, but we can't guarantee it unfortunately.
G9MPComics — Adult Tokusatsu & Super Heroine Comic parodies so spicy they make the final boss blush. Same epic fights. Way better costumes (mostly on the floor).
Don't want the first post in this new topic to be about Gaia 5, but I can't ignore this, of course...
ReplyDeleteSorry guys! I'm doing what I can. The past week or so...especially the last 3 or 4 days, I've literally put every single second I had to spare in Gaia 5.
There are so many pages, and because there is a lot more focus on story, there is also so much more dialogue. I'm basically rewriting every single panel, using the text in the script as a guideline.
When I look back at Gaia 4, I see many instances where the dialogue doesn't "flow" as much as I (now) would've liked. Back then, I decided to stick as closely as possible to G9's original script, basically only correcting the grammar.
To make things work out even better in Gaia 5 (we should always look for improvement, right?), I need to be more liberal, needing to come up with entirely different, yet similar sentences, making them connect and lead to another better, while also matching the sizes of the pictures, the facial expressions etc.
Ah well, to make a long story short, it's a lot of work. But I want nothing less than perfection so that's to be expected.
Anyway, guess I just wanted to explain why you guys are still left waiting for the release. As I'm typing this now, I'll be finishing the whole thing today. Then G9 needs to send me the whole revised edition which I'll double-check again and if that gets a "thumbs up", we can put it online....and then I need a vacation! ^_^
Almost now, guys....
Hey, should I send Kate/Jane wearing pom-pom to cheer you up or Vora? Hehehe...
DeleteJust kiddin' mp. Don't take it too seriously...^_^
Kate and Jane goes: "-five six seven, eight you can watch me masturbate!"
DeleteShhh... Don't say that. Otherwise G9 may become inspired and put such a scene in Gaia 5 as well and the release will be delayed again! ^^
DeleteBtw G9, in case you're reading this before I'm done with the last pages, can you send me the last additions I still don't have (new pages 073, 126, and 127), so I can work on those as well? Otherwise we'll need another back-and-forth e-mail for this.
I suppose you're done with them by now?
Yes... I've been inspired about masturbate thing...
Deleteso...it's been in the comic anyway... >_<
how soon is real soon?
ReplyDeleteMaybe during the weekend, maybe monday...not much longer.
DeleteEverything is done except for a new small scene that was needed to fill a little gap in the story. But it'll only be 2 or 3 pages or so.
Then it's only a matter of reviewing one more time to check that all corrections have been done right.
I'm extremely proud of Gaia 5. I hope all of you will feel the same.
just out of curiousity how many pages are there exactly?
DeleteEnough to keep us more than busy all this time.
DeleteSomewhere close to 140. You'll see.
please do try and release it by tomorrow if u can! Cos i wont have CPU access for the next week D= really hope to read GAIA 5 before i leave haha sorry for any unintended stress i have given u mpgrey! D=
ReplyDeleteNo worries, dear anonymous.
DeleteI don't want to be the reason the comic isn't ready yet, so I've worked as fast as I can. I want to be able to put all the blame on G9 for being so slooooooow! ;P
Oh and would you believe it...it'll be more than 140!
Tomorrow may be possible, but we can't guarantee it unfortunately.