(In my oppinion... they are in some way prettier than some of our Gaia's girls hahahaha)
How about you guys/girls? Like them?
p.s:
I should improve Gaia's girls appearance now >_<
![]() |
| Evil Jane (Shadow Blue) new appearance ^_^ |
![]() |
| My fav Shadow Rangers girl, Kate ^_^ |


they look awesome!!! hahaha great to see GAIA 5 to 50% woots =D good luck improving the looks of GAIA 5 characters cos they already look great! =P hope to see them soon
ReplyDeleteHahaha, thank you.
DeleteYes, it's about 50% now, I hope I can improve them a little bit ^_^
You are such a tease. and yes the former shadowrangers are better looking then the GAIA. And stopp the teasing, i´m trying to study. And Jane is my favorite by the way xP And now i can´t concentrate. xD
ReplyDeleteMaybe I should send you some pictures of her so you can concentrate on your study?
DeleteHahaha, kiddin'
By the way, good luck with your study!
I already have her picture on desktop xP So i think im good for now.
DeleteI somehow think there is a good chance you'll have an updated desktop picture of her after you've read Gaia 5! ^_^
DeleteBut i love the one with her at the throne holding a cup. It's dark. I love gloomy, dark desktops with hot evil chicks xD
DeleteAh I see. In that case your desktop pic will survive Gaia 5.
DeleteWe have gloomy thrones and hot evil chicks....but no one holding a cup! :P
Ah well, as a Jane lover, you'll be happy regardless.^^
The cup isn't that important. Jane looked the best in part 6 of the shadowrangers story, where she was turned tough. Loved her gothic look. :)
Delete2 words: love them
ReplyDeletegood tease about her (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-e1aes0H80lQ/URxfDIF8SRI/AAAAAAAADKg/05zDn84Bywo/s320/373.jpg)
ReplyDeleteUhm? Sorry, I don't understand...?
DeleteThey are just gorgeous!Especially Kate.
ReplyDeleteThey're beautiful but could look a little more evil/corrupt. They look almost too sweet here. Or is that just my opinion?
ReplyDeleteI am fortunate enough to have seen all the rendered pages so far, and I can assure you: this particular scene is absolutely perfect!
DeleteLet that be the best teaser I can give: Gaia 5 will again be the best issue yet.
It looks very good! but her eyes were a different color at the end of the story of Shadow Ranger7.
ReplyDeleteKate and Jane's eyes were blue in the beginning but in the end Kate eyes were red - brown.
Jane's eyes were never green.
Keep the old eye color, or take it in the store why they have new eye colors.
I love the picture with Sophie in the laboratory, it looks very good Iam looking forward in what she (transformed)
Will we see the result of their transformation in the next edition?
Some time has passed between the Shadow Rangers story and the Gaia Rangers story. The idea is that within this time, the corruption could have progressed, or that the girls have more control over their transformed or semi-transformed appearance.
DeleteWith that in mind, g9 had quite a bit of freedom to re-design Kate and Jane without being bound by their looks from Shadow Rangers.
^This is the way to look at it while giving it some explanation.
We could also be more honest and direct by saying that the Shadow Rangers story was....a big mess when it came to consistency in design.
(Something that g9 still suffers from at times....throne room anyone? >_<)
That's why it would be so awesome if it ever comes to, let's call it "Shadow Rangers 2.0". You know, the remake of Shadow Rangers that g9 was toying around with a year or so ago.
Both his rendering skills and the program he uses have evolved so much, it would be interesting to re-tell the Shadow story with better visuals, dialogue, and plot. Then we could also be consistent in design elements such as eye color and give these characters from the past a new "official" look.
Oh, and isn't Sophie a bit taller? >_<
(Dammit G9, can't you design an edit option on this blog? ^^)
She wears different contact lenses? >_< (evil with bad eye sight... T_T)
DeleteKiddin'
Yes, I'm so bad at consistency(is this a correct word?)
Sometime when I tried to make the character more beautiful (yes, my bad habbit) I have to change their whole skin texture, if I apply the old texture, mix it with the new one (for example the eye texture) sometime it doesn't work so well (weird)
I tried to use the same skin texture after PGS and so on tho'
Btw it seems peoples still love Shadow Ranger than Gaia, hahaha...
Tease about Jane and Kate, Bam! 19 comments in two days, hahaha...
@Lou
They will look evil when is needed, you know, when they got angry or fighting. I think it'll be hard for them to seduce guys with scary faces all the time?
Sorry, that's only my oppinion. ^_^
looks awesome! excited for gaia 5, hope to see some nice corruption, but man i'd love an extra epilogue to shadow rangers. just a simple 10 page thing that would add onto the end. just to see lisa truly evil and all the shadow rangers together, corrupted, all around the dark emperor.
Deletealthough i guess something like that would best be saved for the gaia rangers at the end of gaia... (hinthint!!)
I really love to render that scene at the end of Shadow Ranger.
DeleteBut, the problem is my pc can't handle it.
It can be cheated with lower texture resolution, layering etc, but I don't really like those technique, I plan to upgrade my PC this year, hopefully those "dream team" finally can be rendered.
Haha i still love GAIA more cos GAIA is new school! Perhaps it's the anticipation to see all 5 female rangers get corrupted each with a unique and spell-binding theme with a final transformation that never lets us down!
ReplyDelete"Anticipation" aka "waiting for the new release".
DeleteWell, we're certainly giving everybody plenty of chances to get their full share of anticipation! >_<
I have a question! To Shadow Ranger4 to the last two pictures of Mimi is what a Spider (tail). What is that on her ass?
ReplyDeleteWill we see Mimi in Shadow Ranger5?
Next time you can post pictures of Mimi?
I like her Character, she looks very good :)
i love them the original will always be the better
ReplyDeleteWhile we're waiting on what's looking like the hottest MC/corruption story yet on this awesome site, you guys might want to check out my similar-themed comic, "Astral Boy VS Vultura", starting this Sunday on MCComix.com, illustrated by the amazing Mitru. I'm not saying subscribe to that paid site, but here's a link to the cover (http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=113039&g2_imageViewsIndex=3).
ReplyDeleteIt's really about time I got back to mccomix again. My old subscription only ended because the date on my credit card expired, and somehow I haven't been back since.
DeleteThis also means that I haven't seen your other works on that site, but knowing that you're the main man responsible for the story in "The Coming", I trust your new work has the same sublime quality!
Thanks, man. There's a lot of crap on the site. For one thing, I don't get the appeal of bald women, and it seems to be a widespreading thing there. But you'll enjoy my stuff because we're on the same page. Your work and Shinra's are incredible. Which reminds me, time for my next donation. BTW, can you say what country you're in?
ReplyDeleteI have never bought a subscription at mccomix. The reason for that is that only one series there was in my taste and that was Omega unit haywire. My problem with the series at that site is that every series has women with enormous boobs. And that just kills it for me. Omega unit have that of course, but the story is good and i can accept it. Baldnes is in that series to and i can accept that to. But yes, the little i have seen on mccomix is sadly, not that good. I havent seen any thing better than that of G9 yet.
Deletecant stand that site. i got a sub because of akonkid's work and wanted to see his league of liberty monkey business comic (cause his vanishing girl one was one of the best corruption comics ever) but they took it down cause his pc broke or something. yet they still advertise that they have that comic on their home page!! really sleazy stuff! (so if anyone has monkey business 1-8, feel free to share!)
Delete"Your work"? Whoa hold on!
DeleteLet's not forget who is the real boss here! ^_^ (Or did you mean "your" as plural?)
I'm from the Netherlands, which is FAR away from where G9 lives...resulting in a lot of night work for me if I need heavy e-mail traffic with him. Stupid time zones.
Dammit G9, why do you have to live in the middle of nowhere! >_<
As for the bald women on there, that's likely because there is such a heavy emphasis on women as fembots or other robots. I think the majority of the stories over there feature mc elements that are "tech-oriented", which is kind of a shame for me because that's not my cup of tea either.
I prefer a more "magical" take on mc, which is usually used in all the cartoons and comics we all grew up with.
Another reason I feel right at home helping G9 with his comics: though the Rangers have hi-tech equipment at their disposal, their enemies are not a bunch of mad scientists who try to turn the Rangers into obedient robots; all mc is magic-fantasy oriented.
Kain, the fantastic artist on my story, Mitru, agrees with you about huge boobs, so you should appreciate that. Check out the cover on the free page: http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=113039&g2_imageViewsIndex=3. Anonymous,I hope my contribution to MCComix can give Akonkid a run for your appreciation.
DeleteThat cover page look ok, i guess. Thank goodness for normal sized boobs.
Deletempgrey: Oh i forgot the freaking fem bots. Thats a huge turn off for me to, i just dont get it. And i have to agree that G9:s rangers in a tecnology/magic-fantasy world is way better. G9 also made it good in his original shadow rangers series, when he made the emperors stronghold. It looked wierd, magic and well creepy in one way. The emperors bedchamber was well made. It was just a bed surrounded by darkness. Yeah i guess that it was due to what was possible to render for him at that point. But it really was a different and personal style.
I clearly remember bumping into the first issue of Shadow Rangers and being relieved to finally see a 3d comic other than "Tales from the Platinum Earth" using mc elements that weren't techno-based. It's like robot transformation (techno-fantasy) had become the standard and "basic old-school" hypnosis, vampires, and other magic-fantasy based mc had become the exception.
DeleteSearch for any 2d comic with mc elements and you're almost certain to see the "old school" stuff being used; search for 3d and you're almost certain to find techno stories. It's weird.
It's not as if I have a strong dislike for the robot stuff (Unity is an awesome story); it just doesn't do anything for me. The whole transformation aspect with techno-fantasy stories seems quite limited too. Always the same stiff poses, just a bit of variety with the look (metallic bodysuit+helmet or bald+chip)...if you compare that to the "freedom" that G9 has in his choices of what to make his transformed ladies look like....no competition, right?
So Lou, what category does your latest work belong to?
I bumped in to Omega unit and shadow rangers at the same time. Both of them have things in them that i like. But, and that is a huge but. G9:s series looks better than everyting. The characters looks so much better. It seems that G9 really has ideas. When i look at other peoples work on mccomix, its just the same thing over and over again. At the same time G9 clearly hade a disadvantage in the beggining with the dialog.
DeleteBut as you pointed out earlier, G9 really have evolved. I miss some of his earlyer style though, the darkness and i guess, i like the playstation 2 look a little. :) But da** he has come a long way.
As far as I know, the respective pictures haven't been rendered, and if they have, I haven't seen them yet...but, the last page(s) from Gaia 5 may very well have the same setting you have missed so much!
DeleteBut speaking of darkness, wouldn't you say that the last scene from Gaia 4 was pretty creepy too?
verything you just expressed could have come from me.MC, for me, is not the least bit sexy unless there are two elements present: One, some willful temptation on the part of the victim to willfully embrace the darkness, whether out of love, lust, greed, frustration or resentment. For instance, Dracula's female subjects found a sexual liberation as vampires that the Victorian Age forbade them. Two, once corrupted, the victim, now the aggressor, must revel in her newfound empowerment and evil. Both elements are completely missing from the techno MC you describe, which leaves me utterly bored. That includes Akonkid's "Unity". But both were present in "The Platinum Earth", which was the best like series I ever read - until I found your site and Shinra Kuhn's. And both elements are definitely present in my adult comic work, heavy on sorcery rather than science, with one addition. I corrupt the ultimate, deepest bond of love; that between mother and son; into something profane, on the mother's side not the son's, by giving her a new darker master. So since you ask, here's the synopsis for "Astral Boy VS Vultura": Teen superhero Astral Boy must confront the one enemy he cannot willingly destroy: his hot stripper stepmom Erica, demonically transformed into the sultry super witch Vultura by his mystical arch- enemy, Magus. Magus seeks his four Tools of Power to restore his dark rule, their secret locations known only to Astral Boy, who would die before revealing them. But can Astral Boy resist Magus’s newest minion, his own stepmother, now the seductive evil sorceress Vultura?
DeleteI can certainly see what you're getting at with your first point, though it works completely in the opposite way for me: I like it best when the thoroughly innocent victim is resisting as much as possible. Her "before" personality should be as far away as possible from her "after" personality, so that there is a clear emphasis on much the corruption has twisted this once sweet and innocent girl.
DeleteThat's why I strongly favour as much character building as is suitable to the speed of the storytelling. The more we know of a girl (and possibly the more we get to care about a girl), the more we can see the effect of the corruption.
Shadow Rangers may have pretty girls, but we hardly know anything about them. I really think that's a missed chance. And Gaia Rangers did the exact same at the start: rushing headfirst into mc scenes before we even got to know Emma.
Gaia 5 will have more pages with character building than any issue before. I'm very curious what you guys (and girls?), and all other readers not on this blog, will think of this (slight) shift in balance.
Don't misunderstand, there will be MC pages, there will be sex pages, there will even be fighting pages, but there will also be more story pages than usual.
I see it as a sort of challenge to try and give some "life" to the Rangers, instead of using them as semi-random female bodies only made for corruption and who readers only call by their colors instead of by their names.
Btw, I use the word "I" a lot, but this is only possible because G9 shares these views. Nothing is happening to the comic only because mpgrey wants it! (Then there would be fluffy bunnies and flying pink elephants all over the place! >_<)
For me they both work. Even though i prefer the victim trying to resist like Jane did in Shadow Rangers. She really fought back, but it was to late for her :)
DeleteThe willfully victim, can work for me as well. I think its possible to make both work. There can be resistence in the form of a character struggling with him/her self and finaly makes a decision a good or bad one. Isnt that kinda a feeling that we all have in our every day lifes, we really would like to do certain things, but we know that it is wrong or will have consequenses? So i would argue that both your ideas can work. But that, demands a backstory and characters we know and feel something for.
Its true that we dont know that much of the shadow rangers. But at the same time we actually did get, different personalities and some back stories, however small. So for me it is obvious that G9 really want to do more than just make beautyful pictures. :)
Totally agree on the resisting, MP, and there's plenty of that in my stuff. But it's resistance as much against her own temptation as the villain's power, like it is in G9's work. Instant capitulation would be no fun.
DeleteI wouldnt call the ending of Gaia 4 creepy, but i would call it dark though. I liked it because, it had someting that i have missed since the beggining, and that was the emperors personality.
ReplyDeleteHe was much more evil and menacing in Gaia 4 than ever before. And that i like. The personality of the emperor in the begining was really wierd. He wasnt evil or scary but rather corny some times. I think i said something like "-This is great" when Amy was turned. And that line, to me, didnt sound very evil or threatening. I understand that the reason for that, was due to G9:s problem with the english language.
But i liked the dark ending of Gaia 4. Because now the emperor has a personality that matches his looks. And i interpret that like G9 have evolved, not only when it comes to rendering awesome pictures. But also when it comes to tell a story and to create believable 3-dimensional characters. Ither that, or he have gotten some awsome help. :)